These songs all mention other rock/pop bands or performers. All but one are by bands that hit the Billboard charts, often with the song in question. (And while there's a decent chance anyone older than 25 may have heard of even that one, it technically cheats on the theme, so don't feel bad if you missed it.)
1. I drunk myself blind to the sound of old T.Rex
"You Better You Bet," by the Who. Guessed by jkgriffin
2. The radio plays that forgotten song / Brenda Lee's "Comin' On Strong"
"Radar Love," by Golden Earring
3. Fab Five Freddy told me everybody's fly
"Rapture," by Blondie. Guessed by indigoskynet
4. Well, I hope Neil Young will remember / A Southern man don't need him around anyhow
"Sweet Home, Alabama," by Lynyrd Skynyrd. Guessed by docstout
5. Rolling numbers, rock and rolling, got my Kiss records out
"Surrender," by Cheap Trick. Guessed by docstout
6. And the orchestra were playin' all Chuck Berry's greatest tunes.
"Rockaria," by ELO
7. Like Harrison Ford I'm getting Frantic / Like Sting I'm tantric
"One Week," by Barenaked Ladies. Guessed by indigoskynet
8. Frank Zappa and the Mothers / Were at the best place around / But some stupid with a flare gun / Burned the place to the ground
"Smoke on the Water," by Deep Purple
9. And someone played a Beach Boys song on the jukebox / It it was "California Dreamin" / So we started screamin / On such a winter's day
"Punk Rock Girl," by the Dead Milkmen. Guessed by shaysdays
10. I'm an AC/DC man
"Make a Circuit with Me," by the Polecats (This one is the cheater, as it isn't really referring to the band, just to electricity in general.)
These last two have little and nothing (respectively) to do with the theme, I just decided to tack them on as bonus challenges. Most of the western world can hum the first one, and the second has infectiously silly YMCA-like arm movements that go with it.
11. In their blue suede shoes they would scream and shout / As they sang the blues let it all hang out
"Rock & Roll, Part 1," by Gary Glitter (Yes, there are words. Now you have a clue why only the near-wordless Part 2 ever gets played...)
12. McDonald's! McDonald's! Kentucky Fried Chicken and the Pizza Hut!
"The Burger Song," by DJ Ötzi (It's even more fun if you do the YMCA-crossed-with-the-Chicken-Dance arm gestures that go along with it, and do so with several hundred other people...)
Feudalism: Serf & Turf