1. "A wizard-in-training with chores to do borrows a spell from his master's spellbook in order to make the chores easier. Tired of fetching water by pail, the apprentice enchants a broomstick to do the work for him--using magic he is not yet fully trained in. The floor is soon awash with water, and the apprentice realizes that he cannot stop the broom because he does not know how. Despairing, he splits the broom in two with an axe, but each of the pieces transforms into a whole broomstick. The broomsticks take up pails and resume their work, now faster than ever. When all seems lost in a massive flood, the old sorcerer returns and quickly breaks the spell, saving the day."
2. "An evocation of the struggle of the Finnish people to break out from under Russian rule and once again become a nation."
3. "A coven of witches calls up spirits of darkness, followed by Chernobog himself. The witches worship Chernobog and celebrate a Black Mass, followed by a Witches' Sabbath. At the height of the orgy, the bell of the little village church is heard from afar. The spirits of darkness are dispersed as day breaks.
4. "The oars of Charon's boat, the movement of the water, and a chanted Dies Irae are heard across the river Styx as souls are ferried away from the land of the living."
5. "Death appears at midnight each Halloween. He calls up the dead from their graves to dance for him while he plays his fiddle. His skeletons dance for him until the first break of dawn, when they must return to their graves until the next year."
6. "The human race begins to evolve from its origins towards becoming superhuman as the sun rises."
7. "A musical description of the course of a central European river, from its source in two small springs, to their unification into a single river, past woods and meadows, past a farmer's wedding celebration, past castles & ruins, through the St. John's Rapids, towards Prague, then vanishing into the distance where it joins the Elbe River."
8. "Napoleon's seemingly invincible army invades Russia, only to be turned back at Moscow, forced to retreat, and ultimately is defeated."
9. "Dawn breaks over the mountains of Switzerland, but scattered raindrops lead to a torrential storm. After the storm passes, cowherds call their cattle back together in the pastoral mountain meadows. Finally, heralded by their trumpeters, a detachment of Swiss cavalry gallops across the countryside, the sunlight glinting on their armor & weapons."
10. "An adventurer sneaks into the caves of the trolls, then attempts to evade the troll guards after insulting the troll king's daughter. He hides, but is eventually discovered by the troll king himself, only to make a mad dash for the exit and escape just in time."
Feudalism: Serf & Turf